- Posting “top nine” lists makes me feel much cooler than posting “uncategorized” things, even if there’s little meaningful content in this post.
- This site has been rather lacking in its title feature, I know. I’ve been writing a lipogram, but not for the blog.
- I’ll be on vacation soon, so don’t expect much activity around here for a while.
- I will be seeing a game at a stadium I’ve never been to before, so there should be plenty to report on when I get back.
- In light of recent events, I find the etymology of “Pirates” in the Pittsburgh context (they ruthlessly bought up other teams’ players) to be incredibly ironic.
- The sidebar has been reorganized–it now features the logo, a baseball whose stitches form the “no” sign. “No” using a certain letter, geddit?
- The text underneath the logo was my answer to the question “Dave Steib or David Cone?” It was meant to nod to the title of the blog where the question was asked, Pitchers & Poets, but I think it sums up a lot of who I am and what this blog is about. (See also the post before this.)
- This makes it three times in sixth months I’ve implicitly connected my style of writing and perfect games.
- I’m certainly not trying to imply that I’m anywhere near as talented as those who could throw/approach perfect games, and I’m sorry if it comes across that way. Guess it’s just a fixation, but I can live with that.